For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your family lives in any of the following situations:
- In a shelter
- In a motel or campground due to the lack of an alternative adequate accommodation
- In a car, park, abandoned building, or bus or train station
- Doubled up with other people due to loss of housing or economic hardship
Your school-age children may qualify for certain rights and protections under the federal McKinney-Vento Act, which includes:
- A free, appropriate public education
- Enrolling in school immediately, even if lacking documents required for enrollment
- Enrolling and attending classes while the school gathers documents
- Enrolling in the local school or continue attending their school of origin (the school they attended when permanently housed or the school or the school in which they were last enrolled), if that is your preference and is feasible
- Receiving transportation to and from the school of origin, if you request this
- Receiving educational services comparable to those provided to other students, according to your children’s needs.
If you believe your children may be eligible, contact the local liaison to find out what services and supports may be available.
For further assistance with your children’s educational needs, contact the National Center for Homeless Education: 1-800-308-2145; or go to nche.ed.gov
Missing Children Resources
Search Missing Children Report a Missing Person Missing Persons Resources